|Fumes During Treatment
|Number Of Coats Required
|Drying Time At 77°F (25°C)
Applicable Standards: CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700 meets or exceeds:
- ASTM C666 Freeze thaw testing.
- ASTM D3359: 28% increase in epoxy adhesion or surface coating.
- Weathering Test ASTM G23: Ultraviolet light and water spray exposure had no adverse effect on CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700 treated samples.
- NCHP#244 “Soak Test” Rev.
Methods of Application: By spraying, rolling or brushing.
Tools Needed: CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700 can be applied using one or more of the following:
- Low pressure sprayer.
- Paint roller or paint brush.
- Bristle broom.
Surface Preparation: Surface must be clean, and free of paint, sealer, oil, adhesive, curing compound, form release agent and/or anything that will not allow CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700 to penetrate the substrate. Areas which require cleaning must be cleaned by scrubbing, pressure washing or other methods to remove any surface dust, dirt or other contaminants. CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700 may be applied to damp surfaces as long as no standing water or puddles are present. Heavy contaminated areas must be cleaned using Chem-Crete CONCLEAN CCC060 biodegradable concrete cleaner and a pressure washer to help remove deeply penetrated areas.
If application surface is a concrete floor which will receive a resilient flooring, then the guidelines published in current ASTM F710 should be followed by the applicator.
Coverage: Two coats, approximately 200 ft2 per gallon per coat (4.91 m2 per liter per coat) of CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700. Coverage depends on porosity of the concrete.
Limitations: Do not apply CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700 in the following cases:
- When temperature falls below 40°F (5°C).
- To areas previously treated with curing or sealing agents unless these coatings have been removed by chemical or mechanical means.
- Do not use or allow it to come into contact with aluminum or glass. Crystallization will occur on surface. If contact occurs, immediately wash off with water.
- Do not use on glazed tiles or glazed bricks. Crystallization will occur on surface. If contact occurs, immediately wash off with water.
Cleaning: Clean all equipment, tools with fresh clean water immediately after use.
Eighteen months shelf life when stored in cool, dry place in unopened container. Always agitate or stir the bucket or drum before using. DO NOT ALLOW PRODUCT TO FREEZE. Repeated freezing & thawing might cause damage for the product.
As with all construction chemical products, adequate precautions and care must be taken during usage and storage. Avoid direct contact with foodstuff, eyes, skin, and mouth. Any direct contact with skin, eyes, etc. should be washed thoroughly with clean running water and soap.
Always wear protective goggles and gloves. In case of eye contact, flush for 15 minutes with clean water. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.