CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC100 can be used in the following applications:
- Slabs which will receive coverings like carpet, wood & tile.
- Floors which will receive epoxy, polyurethane and polyurea coatings.
- Walls which will receive paints and coatings.
- Algae, mold, fungus and bacteria abatement applications.
- Retaining Walls & Basements.
- Foundations, Slabs and Concrete Floors.
- Side Walks.
- Industrial Plants
- Subway Tunnels
||25°F (-4 °C)
|Fumes During Treatment:
|Number of Coats Required:
|Drying Time At 77°F (25°C):
||2 – 3 hours
Applicable Standards: CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC100 meets or exceeds:
- ASTM C666
- ASTM D3359: 28% increase in epoxy adhesion or surface coating.
- ASTM G23: Ultraviolet light and water spray exposure had no adverse effect on CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC100 treated samples.
- NCHP 244 “Soak Test” Rev.
- Penetration Test – Ink Test: 6 – 12 mm depth.
- Permeability / Capillarity Test No. 88.151.518
Methods of Application: By spraying, rolling or brushing.
Tools Needed: CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC100 can be applied using one or more of the following:
- Low pressure sprayer.
- Paint roller or paint brush.
- Bristle broom.
Surface Preparation: Surface must be clean, and free of paint, sealer, oil, adhesive, curing compound, form release agent and/or anything that will not allow CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC100 to penetrate into the substrate. Areas which require cleaning must be cleaned by scrubbing, pressure washing or other methods to remove any surface dust, dirt or other contaminants. CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC100 may be applied to damp surfaces as long as no standing water or puddles are present. Heavy contaminated areas must be cleaned using CHEM-CRETE CONCLEAN CCC060 biodegradable concrete cleaner and a pressure washer to help remove deeply penetrated areas.
If application surface is a concrete floor which will receive a resilient flooring, then the guidelines published in current ASTM F710 should be followed by the applicator.
Coverage: Two coats, approximately 200 ft2 per gallon per coat (4.91 m2 per liter per coat) of CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC700. Coverage depends on the porosity of the concrete.
Limitations: Do not apply CHEM-CRETE SOFIX CCC100 in the following cases:
- When temperature falls below 40ºF (5°C)
- To areas previously treated with curing or sealing agents unless these coating have been removed by chemical or mechanical means.
- Do not use or allow it to come into contact with aluminum or glass. Crystallization will occur on surface. If contact occurs, immediately wash off with water.
Cleaning: Clean all equipment, tools with fresh clean water immediately after use.
Two years shelf life when stored in cool, dry place in its original unopened container. Always agitate or stir the product’s container before using. DO NOT ALLOW PRODUCT TO FREEZE. Repeated freezing & thawing might cause damage for the product.
As with all construction chemical products, adequate precautions and care must be taken during usage and storage. Avoid direct contact with foodstuff, eyes, skin, and mouth. Any direct contact with skin, eyes, etc. should be washed thoroughly with clean running water and soap.
Always wear protective goggles and gloves. In case of eye contact, flush for 15 minutes with warm water. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LIMITED WARRANTY: International Chem-Crete Inc. warrants that, at the time and place we make shipment, our materials will be of good quality and will conform to our published specifications in force on the date of acceptance of the order.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is included for illustrative purposes only and, to the best of our knowledge, is accurate and reliable. International chem-crete Inc. is not under any circumstances liable to connection with the use of information. As International Chem-Crete Inc. has no control over the use to which others may put its products, it is recommended that the products be tested to determine the suitability for specific applications and/or our information is valid in particular circumstances. Responsibility remains with the architect or engineer, contractor and owner of the design, application and proper installation of each product. Specifier and user shall determine the suitability of the product for specific application and assume all responsibility in connection therewith. AM150721.