CHEM-BOND CCC550 can be used as bonding admixture to mortar or cement formula or used as surface bonding primer on existing area to be patched with cementitious repair mortar compounds. In basic lime mortars, compressive strengths will increase when CHEM-BOND CCC550 is used as an admixture, especially effective on mortar joints on windowsills.
Surface Preparation: when used as a contact bonding material, always make sure that the surface is completely clean and free from pounded water. If the existing surface is a hard troweled concrete, then etching is recommended prior to the application.
Limitations: CHEM-BOND CCC550 is a temperature sensitive material. Store at temperatures between 2°C and 32°C.
Coverage: Varies depending on application and conditions of base concrete, etc…. As a primer, 4.9 m2 per liter in brush application.
Application as Bonding Agent:
- Apply generous amounts of CHEM-BOND CCC550 with a roller or brush to the existing moist surfaces that are to receive fresh cementitious materials.
- Allow first coat application to dry.
- Apply a second application immediately prior to placing cementitious material.
- Place the cementitious repair mortars, plasters within tack-free time (approx. 10-15 min.).
Application as Admixture/Cement:
- Mix the cementitious material per standard procedures.
- While mixing, add 4.2 lt. of CHEM-BOND CCC550 to each 25 kg of type I Portland cement used in the formula (approximately 8.4 lt. of Chem-Bond CCC550 to each 50 kg. bag of Type I Portland cement used).
- Allow at least an additional five minutes of mixing after the addition of CHEM-BOND CCC550 to ensure complete blending.
- Apply blended material to the primed substrate as per standard procedures.
Application as Plaster/Admixture/Gunite:
- Pre-mix a solution containing 12 parts of water to 1 part of CHEM-BOND CCC550 and blend thoroughly.
- Mix approximately 91 kg. of the plaster material per standard procedures with the solution as pre-mixed above. Adjust amount of plaster materials as required for desired consistency and/or slump.
- Use mixed material in standard procedure.
Curing: Curing of mortars, plasters, etc. made of CHEM-BOND CCC550, must observe standard concrete curing methods.
Cleaning: clean application tools and mixing equipment, etc. with water immediately following use.
Store all containers between 40ºF (5ºC) and 95ºF (35ºC). Shelf life is 24 months in original unopened container. Do not allow product to Freeze. Agitate or stir the bucket or drum before using.
As with all construction chemical products, adequate precautions and care must be taken during usage and storage. Avoid direct contact with foodstuff, eyes, skin, and mouth. Keep away from children and animals. Any direct contact with skin, eyes, etc. should be washed thoroughly with clean running water and soap. Use proper safety wear, goggles, and mask, etc.
LIMITED WARRANTY: International Chem-Crete Inc. warrants that, at the time and place we make shipment, our materials will be of good quality and will conform to our published specifications in force on the date of acceptance of the order.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is included for illustrative purposes only and, t the best of our knowledge, is accurate and reliable. International Chem-Crete Inc. is not under any circumstances liable to connection with the use of information. As International Chem-Crete Inc. has no control over the use to which others may put its products, it is recommended that the products be tested to determine the suitability for specific applications and/or our information is valid in particular circumstances. Responsibility remains with the architect or engineer, contractor and owner of the design, application and proper installation of each product. Specifier and user shall determine the suitability of the product for specific application and assume all responsibility in connection therewith. AM7319.