High Performance Asphaltic plug Type Bridge Joint System
CHEM-JOINT 70 is a combination of polymer modified binder and selected aggregates. The binder is a compound blend of bitumens, polymers, fillers and stabilizers, which is specifically formulated to give good fluidity, low and high temperature stability, and slump control.
CHEM-JOINT 70 is delivered in factory batched ‘zip’ pails or
4 ply silicone bags ready to be heated by approved pre- heaters.
In standard joints, 20mm graded granite is utilized. For shallower joints other sizes may be specified (please refer to the Technical Services Department). Utilizing single size aggregate allows high binder to aggregate content thereby ensuring optimum combination of flexibility and load bearing capacity.
CHEM-JOINT 70 is available in a range of formulations to suit variations of climates including continental and tropical, thereby ensuring flexibility of the joint in cold temperatures and structural integrity in very warm conditions. CHEM-JOINT 70 is designed to extend the full depth of the road down to the structural concrete deck and will develop a tenacious bond to concrete as well as the adjacent asphalt arises. For joints up to 2 inches (50mm) wide, an aluminum or steel strip is placed over the joint to prevent aggregate entering the joint. For joints over 2 inches (50 mm), the steel plate assists in the distribution of wheel loads across the joints.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
CHEM-JOINT 70 is a hot process in-situ constructed expansion joint system capable of accommodating movements up to 70 mm (±35mm). It forms an integral part of the wearing course.
• Flexible and completely waterproof.
• Ability to accommodate longitudinal, rotational, and transverse movements.
• Easy and quick repairs following accidental damage should this occur.
• Able to withstand extremes of temperature from -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to +60°C).
• Low surface noise and excellent ride quality.
• Quick installation, thereby minimizing disruption to traffic flows.
• Can be used across the full depth of the bridge deck.
• Accepts Anti-skid finishes.
• Very low maintenance.
66.14 LB (30 KG) PAIL
55.12 (25 KG) BAG
To place an order with our company please contact customer service by e-mail or by phone at 1 800 480 0878.